Friday, September 24, 2010

Random Fuzzy Thoughts

Alllllrighty then. 


Well, no one had much advise to share so I had to go searching for some.  Fortunately (or not, your choice) I know several women (no men, though) who suffer from seizures and a few of them are even related to me.  Hmm, now we have the genetics factor, too.  Does this play much of a part?

Out of the three people I poled advice from, two advised that I find myself a neurologist pronto and start the laborious task of sifting through anti-seizure meds to find which ones give me the greatest help for the least side effects (honestly, if the side effects are worse than the occasional seizure, is it really worth it to take the medicine?).  I just can't imagine paying $35 dollars a month for meds for the rest of my life.  They will just become more expensive, I'll probably have to increase the amount, and this doesn't even count appointments and drive time, etc.  So, so not the route I want to go.  Is this unreasonable of me?

On the other hand I have a cousin who also suffers from epileptic seizures and has had great success treating them naturally, mostly through an elimination diet.  Since I'm not overly attached to anything that I eat (except maybe peanut butter) this may be the best option. 

Yuck.  I really  REALLY hate doctors appointments.  Calling to schedule a time, dealing with insurance companies who want you to pay them more while they refuse to pay for you, finding someone to take care of my kids not to mention drive me there.  I have come to accept the fact that I am not, nor will ever be, completely self sufficient, but it does bother me when I feel like such a burden to other people's time.

*heavy sigh*

Okay, enough griping for today.  On the plus side, both my sister and sister-in-law came to visit me this week  and even though I wasn't thinking clearly, I immensely enjoyed the company!

No comments:

Post a Comment